I Want To Eat Ramen Restaurant Style Ajitama (Marinated Boiled Eggs).
Ingredients of I Want To Eat Ramen Restaurant Style Ajitama (Marinated Boiled Eggs)
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake (or water if you don't have any).
- You need 1 dash of Sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Grated garlic.
- Prepare 1 dash of Kombu tea (optional).
I Want To Eat Ramen Restaurant Style Ajitama (Marinated Boiled Eggs) instructions
- I love marinated boiled eggs. I use this egg timer gadget I got at a 100 yen shop, If you don't have one, a watch or timer is fine too..
- Put the eggs and the egg timer gadget (if you have one) in a pan, and add enough water to cover the eggs..
- Turn the heat on to medium and keep it there. The water should boil to about the state in the photo..
- In the meantime, make the marinade. Put the flavoring ingredients in a plastic container. The amounts are approximate, so you can just eyeball it. The ratio of soy sauce to water is about 1 : 2..
- After boiling for 8 minutes, turn the heat off and leave for 2 minutes. If you're using the egg timer gadget, it should be at the 'medium' line. Leave until the line becomes blurred..
- Incidentally, I intended to use these eggs in bentos so I cooked them a bit longer than usual, but if you are going to eat them right away, take them out of the water after 8 minutes and don't leave for the additional 2 minutes. They'll be creamier in the middle that way..
- Peel the eggs, and plop them in the plastic container. Turn the eggs to coat them in the marinade. (I didn't peel the eggs too well, so one is really bumpy..).
- When the eggs have cooled down, put the lid on the container and marinate the eggs for about 1 hour in the refrigerator. Turn them over whenever you think of it, using chopsticks..
- Done! I make it before I go to bed and eat it the next day..