Japanese Potato Salad. Japanese Potato Salad (ポテトサラダ) is a little different from typical versions of American potato salad. The potatoes are roughly mashed, so it's kind of like mashed potatoes with all the colorful. Japanese versions of Western dishes, known as yōshoku cuisine, may look like the originals that inspired them, but the flavor is unmistakably Japanese.
Japanese Potato Salad is a staple in Japanese-household's home-cooking because it's so easy to make, and uses ingredients everyone usually has at home! Japanese potato salad is like semi-mashed potatoes mixed with vegetables, ham, egg and mayonnaise. Small pieces of carrots, cucumbers, onions, ham and eggs make it visually appealing. You can have Japanese Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Potato Salad
- You need 250 g of Potato.
- Prepare 15 g of Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of Carrot, thinly sliced and boil.
- You need 1/4 of Cucumber, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 Slices of Ham, cut into small square pieces.
- It’s 50 g of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 Dashes of Black Pepper.
Try out this Japanese potato salad, and we promise that you will not be disappointed. A delicious recipe for Japanese Potato Salad: creamy mashed potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, scalliions and mayo dressihng with spicy mustard and tangy vinegar. Japanese Potato Salad is the perfect dish to bring to your next holiday party! This Japanese-style potato salad recipe is sharper, brighter and crunchier than mayo-laden the ones you might find in the grocery store—and it's easy to make. "His Japanese potato salad was always perfect and had just the right texture with a secret Japanese Potato Salad.
Japanese Potato Salad step by step
- Boil potatoes with skin until cooked.
- Mix Mayo with sugar and black pepper and set aside.
- Peel hot potato using towel,break with spatula and add salt and onions while hot, mix well and let it cool.
- Then mix with cucumber, ham, carrot, mayo..
- Chill in the fridge and enjoy :).
Japanese potato salad has a mild, creamy flavor, with no acidic undertone; unlike American or German style potato salads, no vinegar is used. It's seasoned only with salt and a little pepper. According to the author of "Japaneseasy," it is the use of the word as an adjective that is synonymous Recipe Finder. These potatoes combine the best of a classic mash and a potato salad, with a little secret dash of vinegar. A basic Japanese potato salad that is creamy and delicious.