Hokkaido Specialty: Salmon & Vegetable Hotpot.
Ingredients of Hokkaido Specialty: Salmon & Vegetable Hotpot
- It’s 400 grams of Fresh salmon.
- It’s 1 of Chinese cabbage, potatoes, kudzu noodles, Japanese leek, carrot, shiitake, enoki, shimeji mushrooms, mizuna, etc..
- It’s 20 grams of Butter.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- It’s 1200 ml of Kombu based dashi stock.
- Prepare 80 grams of Miso.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sake.
- You need of Ramen to finish.
- Prepare 3 of servings Chinese noodles.
- It’s 5 slice of Char siu.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Doubanjiang.
Hokkaido Specialty: Salmon & Vegetable Hotpot step by step
- Wash the potatoes and wrap them with plastic wrap while still wet. Microwave for 5 minutes. While hot, use a knife to remove the skins. Boil the carrots..
- Remove the stems from the shiitake mushrooms. To let them easily soak up the flavors of the hot pot, cut a notch on the caps..
- Put the water and the konbu in a hotpot. If possible, leave it for 2 hours. Turn the heat on very low and warm until just before boiling. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Combine the miso, mirin, sugar, and sake..
- Put the vegetables and salmon into the hotpot. Pour in 2/3 of the combined miso ingredients from Step 4. Add 20 g of butter and heat..
- Once the vegetables have been cooked about 80%, add the remaining 1/3 of the combined miso ingredients from Step 4. Here is when you should add any fillings that cook quickly (such as mizuna, chrysanthemum greens, oysters, etc.).
- After eating the hotpot, add the ramen, char siu, and doubanjang to the pot to make miso ramen!.
- Use the konbu from making the soup stock to make "tsukudani" (preserved food boiled in soy sauce)!. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143989-kombu-tsukudani-using-leftover-dashi-kombu.