Korean fried chicken. This Korean fried chicken is perfect for any occasion and I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it instantly. Learn how to make it in three simple steps! Korean fried chicken or KFC, usually called chikin (치킨, from the English "chicken") in Korea, refers to a variety of fried chicken dishes created in South Korea, including the basic huraideu-chikin.
Korean Fried Chicken – the BEST Korean fried chicken recipe that yields crispy fried chicken in spicy, savory and sweet Gochujang sauce. Korean Fried Chicken is a deliciously crispy chicken with a super sticky and savory bite you'll love. This Korean fried chicken is chicken thighs in a crispy coating that are tossed in a sweet, spicy and savory sauce. You can have Korean fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean fried chicken
- Prepare of # chicken (I used wings and drumettes).
- You need of potato starch (you can sub tapioca or corn starch).
- You need of fresh ginger.
- Prepare of fresh garlic.
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of gochujang paste (can sub Sriracha or sambal).
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- You need of Mirin (can sub rice wine vin or similar).
- You need of brown sugar.
- It’s of grapeseed oil (can sub oil of your choice) for frying.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
A unique meal or snack that's totally delicious! I guess Korean Fried Chicken was destined to become famous – just like Colonel Sanders' Right, so actually, "Korean Fried Chicken" refers to a whole set of Korean fried chicken dishes, not just. This Korean fried chicken (KFC) is double fried until extra crispy, then tossed in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. The only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you'll ever need!
Korean fried chicken step by step
- Heat your oil to 350°- 375°.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl put your potato starch. Individually coat your chicken..
- While oil is hot, fry your chicken for 12-14 minutes. Your going to double fry**.
- In a skillet, heat your sesame oil. Add your garlic, ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add your mirin, soy sauce and gochujang. Simmer for 5 minutes and add your brown sugar at the the last minute..
- After you're 12 minutes of frying the chicken, pull out of the oil and let sit for 1 minute. Add your chicken back into the oil and fry for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. (This assures your chicken is super crispy).
- After your chicken is fried for the second time, toss in your sauce or serve it on the side and enjoy! You can also garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if you want more presentation..
Chef John's Korean fried chicken is tender and juicy while maintaining a plate-scratching crispiness that will make this recipe your new favorite. Mad Fry Chicken is one of the best Korean fried chicken restaurants in Gangnam. The crispy skin with the moist meat and specialty sauces are what makes this chicken restaurant stand out. Nicknamed "candy chicken," Korean fried chicken is known for its addictively crunchy exterior and its thick sweet-and-spicy sauce. When made right, even the bones become crunchy enough to eat.