Crispy Coconut Tofu. Crispy, craggy, and thoroughly coated in an addictive, peanut-y sauce, this tofu is so good that even the most stubborn carnivores won't complain. Crispy Coconut Crusted Tofu. with sugar snap peas. Nobody does crispy tofu better; we've crusted the delicate veggie delight a thousand different ways, but this is the best by a hot mile.
RELATED: Pasta romesco with crispy baked tofu RELATED: Crispy baked buffalo tofu wings. Make the coconut tofu: If using extra firm tofu, press the tofu (you can skip this if using super firm. I accidentally ate half of the crispy tofu while I was preparing the rest of the dish. You can cook Crispy Coconut Tofu using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy Coconut Tofu
- It’s 1 of firm tofu block of extra.
- It’s of coconut oil tofu for frying.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 of garlic tbl powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 of coconut tbl shredded.
- You need of Noodles :.
- It’s of Egg noodles Fresh (ramen) – not the dried crap.
- Prepare 1 large handful of spinach of fresh.
- You need 1 handful of grape / cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of soy sauce tbl.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare a few of basil leaves.
Four jalapenos were the perfect amount of heat for me contrasting the sweet (lite) coconut milk. This crispy coconut tofu is affordable, approachable, and can pair with any veggie you like. It's crispy, sweet from the coconut flour and coconut rice, and also spicy from the Sriracha! These subtly sweet Coconut Crusted Tofu dippers are the perfect vehicle for tangy sweet chili sauce.
Crispy Coconut Tofu instructions
- Drain the tofu. Wrap the tofu in paper towels and dry the tofu as best you can. Sometimes I wrap the tofu in paper towels and place something heavy on it overnight in the fridge to really get excess moisture out..
- Cut the tofu in bite sized pieces. Combine the cornstarch garlic powder, salt and coconut in a bowl. Toss the tofu in the bowl coating really well..
- In a pan heat about 3 tbl coconut oil over medium high heat, add about half of the tofu pieces and brown on all 4 sides. Repeat with the second half of coated tofu..
- When you are on the seperate batch of tofu, move the tofu to one side of the pan and on the other side, add the tomatoes and onions. Cook the vegetables until blistered and soft..
- In a seperate pot heat water until boiling then add the ramen just until it starts to seperate..
- Drain the ramen and toss the spinach, a drizzle of olive oil, and soy sauce with the ramen until the spinach wilts. Then add and toss the tomatoes and onions..
- Arrange the ramen on a dish and top with tofu. Slice a few basil leaves and sprinkle on top..
- That is some good comfort food!.
Serve the crispy coconut crusted tofu with sweet chili sauce for dipping! Today I have a delicious recipe for coconut crusted tofu! It is so good and you guys are going to love it! For the crispy tofu: Cut the tofu in cubes. Add the all-purpose flour and salt in a large bowl.