Hot Bacon Dressing (PA Dutch).
Ingredients of Hot Bacon Dressing (PA Dutch)
- It’s 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 large of Egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 3/4 cup of Water.
- You need 8 slice of Bacon.
- You need 1 tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 head of Iceberg Lettuce.
- It’s 1 of Salt to taste.
Hot Bacon Dressing (PA Dutch) step by step
- In a bowl, beat sugar into the egg..
- Add vinegar and water; beat well and set aside..
- Meanwhile, chop bacon and brown it in a small saucepan..
- Stir flour into bacon, grease and all. Your using the fat from the bacon to make a roux. Cook the flour for 2-3 minutes..
- Carefully add the liquids that were set aside. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Add salt to taste. It can even be omitted depending on the salt content of the bacon you're using..
- Prepare a head of Iceberg Lettuce. You can quarter it and serve in wedges, slice it, however you'd like it. Pour Hot Dressing over lettuce..
- Chow Down!!! Enjoy!.