Lightly Flavored! Hakata-style Motsunabe (Offal Hot Pot) with Soy Sauce Based Soup.
Ingredients of Lightly Flavored! Hakata-style Motsunabe (Offal Hot Pot) with Soy Sauce Based Soup
- Prepare of Basic Hotpot Soup Recipe ID: 1992492.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 pieces Kombu for dashi stock.
- You need 1 of handful Bonito flakes.
- Prepare 1200 ml of Water.
- You need 50 ml of Sake.
- You need 80 ml of Shirodashi.
- You need of Additions to the hot pot.
- You need 3 of to 4 cloves Garlic.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Whole white sesame seeds (or ground sesame seeds).
- It’s 3 of to 5 Red chili pepper.
- Prepare of Hot Pot ingredients:.
- You need 400 of to 500 grams Pig offal (whatever parts you like).
- You need 1/3 of to 1/2 a head Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Chinese chives.
- You need 1/2 block of Tofu (silken).
- You need 150 grams of Konnyaku.
- You need 1 of Burdock root.
- It’s 2 of hanks Champon noodles (thick ramen-type noodles).
- Prepare 1 of as much (to taste) Grated garlic, takanotsume (as accompaniments).
Lightly Flavored! Hakata-style Motsunabe (Offal Hot Pot) with Soy Sauce Based Soup instructions
- Slice the garlic. Finely shave the burdock root. Cut the konnyaku into any shape you prefer. Cut up the cabbage and chives so that they're easy to eat..
- Blanch the konnyaku in boiling water to get rid of the odor. If you cut it up like this, kids can pick up the pieces easily!.
- Wash the offal well in water, and cut into easy to eat pieces. Washing it cuts some of the odor..
- Make the Basic Hotpot Soup..
- Add sliced garlic, sesame seeds (ground is OK) and takanotsume to the soup. Crush the sesame seeds as you add them. The soup is done..
- Blanch the offal in boiling water. You can just add it to the soup if you like..
- If you are adding the offal as is, add it first, then the other ingredients..
- For the last course, champon is the best. Just add champon noodles to the leftover soup, and simmer. Or you can add cooked rice to make porridge instead..