Authentic Oreo Cookies & Cream Ice Cream.
Ingredients of Authentic Oreo Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
- It’s 2 of Egg yolks.
- It’s 60 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 45 grams of or (to taste) Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg white.
- You need 1 dash of Vanille essence or vanilla paste.
- It’s 6 of Oreo cookies.
Authentic Oreo Cookies & Cream Ice Cream instructions
- Divide the eggs into yolks and whites. Put 2 egg yolks and the granulated sugar in a bowl. Use a stainless steel bowl, since it will be heated later..
- Whisk the yolks and sugar together well until it turns pale and thick..
- Add milk to the mixture little by little, whisking vigorously as you drizzle it in..
- Heat the bowl over very low heat. Keep mixing it up from the bottom using a silicone spatula until it's slightly thickened. Be careful not to burn yourself. If you're afraid to heat the bowl, transfer the mixture to a small pan first..
- When the mixture has thickened, take it off the heat and cool the bowl in ice water..
- Add 2 to 3 drops of vanilla essence. You can use vanilla paste instead..
- Take the cream filling out of the Oreo cookies, and crush up carefully into small pieces, trying not to produce too much fine crumb..
- Whip 1 egg white (about 30 g) and the heavy cream in separate bowls. Whip the meringue until firm..
- Pour the halfway-whipped cream to the cooled egg mixture, and combine well..
- If you have an ice cream maker, pour in the mixture, and start mixing..
- Add the Oreo cookie bits about 10 minutes in. Don't add crumbs..
- Add the meringue. Continue churning the ice cream following the machine instructions..
- Transfer the finished ice cream to the freezer, and leave to rest overnight..
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, put the mixture in a plastic freezer storage container and freeze..
- Take it out every 40 to 50 minutes and mix it up thoroughly to incorporate plenty of air. Smooth out the surface and return to the freezer..
- Add the meringue the 1st or 2nd time you mix up the ice cream. Repeat the mix-and-freeze procedure 4 to 5 times..
- Add the Oreo cookie bits when you add the meringue. Mix well and freeze..
- If you forget to mix the ice cream up according to schedule, it will form ice crystals and lose its creamy texture, so be diligent..
- The ice cream is rested overnight in order to let the Oreo cookie bits become soft and moist..