Sherry chicken with pearl onions. I added pearl onions to the recipe. Don't omit the sherry, it really makes this dish. Season to taste and then stir in the sherry.
Pour Riesling and chicken stock over onions and chicken. Add pearl onions, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, shaking skillet often, until mushrooms soften. You can have Sherry chicken with pearl onions using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sherry chicken with pearl onions
- It’s 6 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 5 of chicken tenderloins.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, garlic powder season to taste.
- You need 350 grams of white pearl onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of sherry.
- You need 1 cup of sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh chopped thyme.
This is absolutely best chicken ever. The mushrooms with pearl onions are divine. Pour in the sherry and sherry vinegar. An easy, crowd-pleasing weeknight dinner that can help you learn some very useful home cooking skills.
Sherry chicken with pearl onions instructions
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder..
- Heat half of oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until both sides are browned. Set chicken aside..
- Peal the onions. I also chopped them in half but I suppose that part is optional depending on what you prefer..
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan. Add onions..
- Cook onions until golden. Add sugar to caramelize them and cook them about 1-2 more minutes..
- Add sherry, sherry vinegar/balsamic vinegar , and thyme to pan. Stir, cover, and let it simmer on low heat about 15 minutes..
- Add the chicken to the pan and let it simmer another 10 minutes. Remove lid and let it simmer a couple more minutes. Serve hot..
- BONUS IDEAS: you can also just make the onions in sauce and serve with bread as an appetizer or drain the liquid and add the onions to green beans or other vegetables as a side. Both are delicious 😊.
Thanks to Skillshare for sponsoring this video! This is a family favorite handed down from my grandmother in London. She made it for every family gathering. View top rated Chicken pearl onions recipes with ratings and reviews. Replace chicken with a can of chickpeas for a vegetarian version.