Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup.
Ingredients of Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup
- You need 2 packages of Ramen noodles, oriental or shrimp flavor.
- Prepare 3 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger, fresh minced or paste.
- You need 4 oz of Raw baby spinach, torn or sliced.
- You need 1 can of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of Shrimp, I used precooked shrimp thawed it and removed the tails.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sriracha sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup step by step
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Saute the onion, garlic, ginger & mushrooms until soft..
- Add in the spinach and cook until wilted down..
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, boil the water. Add in ramen noodles and seasoning packet. Cook until al dente (about 3-4 minutes).
- While ramen is cooking, add the can of coconut milk to the veggies, also the shrimp..
- Now add the ramen to the veggies and shrimp. Then add in the sriracha and red pepper flakes. Do a smaller amount to start if you are sensitive to spicy foods..
- Cook just til heated through, but no longer or the shrimp will become chewy and overcooked..
- This amount of spice was a medium hot for my tastes. Feel free to add more spice if you like..
- Serve piping hot!.