Fennel salad. Simple and easy shaved fennel salad with olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, parsley, and Parmesan. This fennel salad recipe is an antidote to every side salad that ever was. Instead of meh greens, it's Instead of meh greens, it's got shavings of fennel that bend and twist but keep their refreshing crunch.
I saved some for the end of. A bright and tangy salad cuts the heaviness of the typical Thanksgiving meal This one, with fennel, celery, apples and toasted Fennel-Apple Salad With Walnuts. Eugenia Bone, prolific home cook, writer and author of Well-Preserved, serves this simple green salad with a cheese plate and plenty of rustic bread. You can have Fennel salad using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fennel salad
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced fennel, I used bulb and some of the stems.
- Prepare 3 cups of thinly sliced Iceberg lettuce.
- You need 3 ounces of Genoa salami.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2/3 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 of diced apples, I used red delicious apples.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoon of saffron infused oil, see my recipe with same name.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dill weed.
- You need to taste of whole leaf oregano.
- It’s to taste of basil.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- It’s to taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare to taste of your favorite salad dressing, I used apple cider vinaigrette by Kens Steakhouse.
- You need 2/3 cup of green stuffed olives.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pinenuts.
This fennel salad is a classic combination – thinly shaved fennel, lemon dressing and shaved parmesan. Place the sliced fennel in a salad bowl. Slice oranges to divide flesh sections and add to bowl. The Fennel Salad recipe out of our category main-course salad!
Fennel salad step by step
- Slice the salami thinly. Add lemon juice to fennel and apples to keep from turning colors..
- Mix all the ingredients. Dress with your favorite salad dressing.
- Toast the pine nuts. Add them as topping..
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!.
This salad tastes even more impressive than it looks. It has an incredible crunch thanks to the cucumbers, radishes and apples. Very finely slice the fennel bulbs lengthways (a mandolin makes this easier). Cut the celery stalks into thin matchsticks. Fennel salads for winter are a fantastic idea.