Loaded gourmet style potato salad.
Ingredients of Loaded gourmet style potato salad
- Prepare 5 lb of red potatoes.
- It’s 4 of boiled eggs, chopped.
- Prepare 15 oz of Olive oil based miracle whip.
- You need 6 of strips bacon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sliced green onion, separated.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar.
- You need 10 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yellow onion, diced small.
- You need 1 tbsp of roasted garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sweet pickle relish.
Loaded gourmet style potato salad step by step
- Clean and cut potatoes into bite size pieces. Don't peel them, it's better this way 🙂 cook till firm but done.
- Cook bacon with the small diced yellow onion. I cut the bacon up a little, it'll cook with the onions more evenly if you do..
- While the bacon and potatoes are cooking mix the miracle whip, most of the sliced green onion (save a little for garnish), the eggs, relish, pepper, sour cream, roasted garlic, and 3/4 cup (loosely measured) sharp cheddar, and celery seed in small/medium bowl..
- When the bacon is finished, cool and crumble and add to the miracle whip mixture. Tip; this also makes a really good dip for those chips with ridges 😉 should look roughly like this……
- When the potatoes are done, get them out of the hot water and rinse with very cold water. You want to stop the cooking process..
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl, make a well in the center and pour the miracle whip mixture in. Carefully fold the mix together. Garnish with the green onion and cheese. It's best if you make it a day ahead and let all those flavors 'marry' overnight..