Watermelon and Feta salad. Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
Sweet ripe watermelon salad combined with feta cheese and fresh mint is simply dressed with olive oil and lime juice. It's a sweet-and-salty combination that looks just beautiful on the table for a backyard cookout, a potluck, or even a Sunday brunch! Scoop out and chop the watermelon flesh into chunks, discarding the peel. You can cook Watermelon and Feta salad using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Watermelon and Feta salad
- It’s 1 of small whole seedless watermelon.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Juice of two limes.
- You need 1 c of pitted kalamata olives.
- It’s 1/2 lb of feta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 c of parsley and mint.
- You need to taste of red pepper flakes or chili oil.
- You need of Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Peel and finely slice the onion, crumble the feta, then pick the mint leaves, tearing any larger ones. Place it all into a bowl and combine. Drizzle over a little oil and season with black pepper. Here's a healthy salad recipe to make at the height of summer when watermelon and cucumbers are at their juiciest and most flavorful.
Watermelon and Feta salad step by step
- Finely slice red onion and marinate in the juice of two limes and set aside..
- Cut watermelon first in half..
- Then cut it into wedges.
- Then cut like this.
- And this….
- And finally like this to make equal sized bite size pieces.
- This is what the watermelon looks like all cut up.
- Then rinse the olives and cut them in half.
- Then cut up the feta like this.
- And then make small cubes…..
- Then mix it all together with the parsley, mint, a drizzle of olive oil and pepper, chili oil or red pepper flakes to taste. I like the combination of spice with the cool watermelon, the creamy and salty feta and the herbs. Delicious and healthy too!.
Feta adds the perfect creamy, salty, tangy edge, and mint makes this salad taste even brighter. This is one easy side salad you'll want to serve at all your summer BBQs. Season and pile on to a serving plate. Gently toss watermelon, onion, basil, cilantro, mint, lime juice, feta cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Watermelon and feta salad with mint has become a staple summertime dish at my place, and I've learned a few things when adapting that recipe for home use.