Vickys Carrot & Coriander Fritters, GF DF EF SF NF.
Ingredients of Vickys Carrot & Coriander Fritters, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 4 of carrots, peeled, grated and patted dry.
- You need 1/2 of red onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of gram / chickpea flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes or to taste.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of oil plus extra for frying.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s of salad and pitta bread to serve – see my gluten-free pitta recipe.
Vickys Carrot & Coriander Fritters, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Use only as much oil and flour as you need for the patties to stick together well – try to use as little as possible.
- Heat some oil in a pan over a medium heat. Form the carrot mixture into 6 patties. Squeeze any excess moisture out. Cook slowly, two at a time. Each batch should take 6 – 8 minutes to cook and should be golden brown and cooked through.
- Nice served inside a pitta bread with salad and a dollop of plain yogurt or sour cream. You can find vegan, soy-free recipes for both in my profile recipes list.