Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 cup of half and half cream.
- You need 8 of egg yolks.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream instructions
- Pour the heavy cream and half-and-half cream into a heavy saucepan, place over medium-low heat, and heat until barely simmering, stirring frequently. Turn the heat down to low..
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey in a large bowl until thoroughly combined..
- Slowly pour about 1/2 cup of hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Repeat three times more, whisking thoroughly before adding each additional 1/2 cup of hot cream to the egg yolk mixture. (Keep a solid hold on your measuring cup – this liquid is HOT).
- Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot cream, and whisk constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens and will coat the back of a spoon, 5 to 8 minutes. Scrape bottom and sides occasionally with a spatula to avoid egg-iness. Do not let mixture boil..
- Pour the ice cream base into a bowl and allow to cool for about 20 minutes; place in refrigerator and chill overnight. The next day, pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Remove the ice cream, pack into a covered container, and freeze for 2 hours or overnight before serving..