Soy Sauce Ramen By A Ramen Master.
Ingredients of Soy Sauce Ramen By A Ramen Master
- You need 1 of Chicken carcass (for the soup).
- Prepare 1 of Leeks (for the soup).
- It’s 1 of knob Ginger (for the soup).
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic (for the soup).
- Prepare 1 of handful Dried infant sardines (for the soup).
- It’s 1400 ml of Water (for the soup).
- Prepare 100 grams of Chicken skin (for the sauce).
- It’s 1 of ladleful Soy sauce (for the sauce).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake (for the sauce).
- It’s 1 of whatever you prefer Noodles.
Soy Sauce Ramen By A Ramen Master instructions
- Make the soup: Soak a handful of dried infant sardines in 1 cup of hot water. I pack the dried sardines into a clean tea bag for easy clean up..
- If you bring the fish broth to a boil, the flavor will become concentrated, but if you prefer a lighter aromatic flavor, turn off the heat once the pot comes to a boil and cover with a lid..
- The main feature of the stock is the chicken. Bring 6 cups of water, the chicken, leek, ginger, and garlic to a boil and skim off the scum..
- After 30 minutes, you'll have a clear chicken soup stock, but if you prefer a more concentrated flavor, boil it for longer. I boiled mine for an hour..
- This is the resultant soup. If you skim the scum and fat off the top, you'll have a clear soup..
- Once the soup is done, make the sauce. The sauce is based off the umami from the chicken skin. In a cold saucepan, lay the skins on the bottom and sauté over low heat..
- Once the skins have crisped from their own oils, add sake to remove any unwanted odors, and add a ladleful each of the chicken soup stock and soy sauce..
- Once the pot comes to a boil, turn off the heat, cover with a lid, and wait until it cools. The flavors will meld once it has sufficiently cooled. The soy sauce flavor is pretty harsh if you taste it immediately after simmering..
- I'm not that adventurous with the prep work, so I just combine the chicken soup stock and niboshi dashi stock together. Once they're mixed together, turn up the heat..
- Pour the sauce to the ramen bowl. Add about 50 g of chicken skin and 1-2 Chinese spoons full the sauce. When you add the ramen broth, taste and adjust to your preference..
- The combined ramen broth looks like this..
- Add your favorite ramen noodles, garnish and it's done!!.