Ingredients of Caesar Salad
- It’s 1 can of flat anchovy fillets.
- Prepare 1 of heaping tbs Dijon mustard.
- It’s 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 3-4 tbs of wine vinegar, red or white.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salad oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of water.
- Prepare 1-2 heads of romaine lettuce.
- It’s 1 of raw egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly and finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need Handful of croutons.
Caesar Salad step by step
- Drain and finely chop 1/2 can anchovies, add to bowl with mustard and garlic, whisk together. Add wine vinegar and water, whisk in oil to make an emulsion, whisk in raw egg.
- Wash and drain lettuce, remove spine and tare into large pieces. Put in a large salad bowl, add about half the cheese,croutons, and about half the dressing. Toss to coat lettuce adding more cheese and dressing until lettuce is well coated but not soaked.
- Server immediately, if held too long it will get soggy.