Simple Chilled Ramen.
Ingredients of Simple Chilled Ramen
- Prepare 2 of portions Chinese-style noodles.
- It’s of Soup.
- Prepare 4 tsp of ☆ Chinese soup stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ☆Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- It’s 800 ml of ☆Water (I used Suntory Spring Water).
- It’s 1 of (Black Pepper or other spices).
Simple Chilled Ramen instructions
- Add 100 ml water and all of the ☆ soup ingredients to a small microwave safe cup, and microwave. Heat up in increments, while stirring occasionally until the ingredients dissolve..
- Add enough ice to Step 1 so that it reaches 200 ml, and cool it. (If eating immediately, transfer to a large bowl so adding the remaining 3 cups of water is easier.).
- Use parchment paper to remove the scum that has formed on the surface. The soup base is now done..
- You can chill the soup base from Step 3, separately or with the remaining 3 cups of water added, in the refrigerator. If adding the water later, refrigerate it as well..
- Boil the noodles. Place into a sieve after boiling, cool down under running water, and strain the water out again..
- Add the soup and your favorite ingredients to a bowl, and you're done..
- If you're eating it right away, prepare the soup base in a bowl, add in the remaining 3 cups of water (ice water)..
- When eating right away (continued): If you don't have ice water, mix 1 cup of water with 1 cup of ice and add this to the soup..
- It might be difficult to remove the surface oil. Using another sheet of parchment paper is a waste! Please use a ladle to scoop out the remaining scum..